ENS: Employer Nomination Scheme (186)
1. This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers.
There are 3 streams: DES, TRTS, AS.
-The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia.
-This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream.
-It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme.
1)TRTS: Temporary Residence Transition Stream
The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for at least two out of the three years (before the nomination is made), while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who is not subject to a labour agreement and who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
2) DES: Direct Entry Stream
• people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
• people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or
• temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
3) AS: Agreement Stream
The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a negotiated formal labour agreement.
3. March 2018 Changes
1) Abolition of 457 visa and introduction of TSS (Temp Skills Shortage) Visa.
a. Min 2 years of work experience.
b. Labour Market Testing required in most cases.
c. Short term: STSOL, max 2years and only 1 renewal, no PR pathway,
Medium term: MLTSSL occupations, upto 4 years, can review, PR pathway (English must be higher)
d. Training Levy:$1,500 –small business.
$,1800 –business turn over $ 10 Million.